For the cake:
1 cup spelt or all-purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp soy yoghurt
1 tbs Terrasoul coconut oil
4 tbs Terrasoul coconut sugar
1/2 tbs lemon juice
Zest of half a lemon
For the frosting:
1 cup coconut cream ( Note: Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, and use the thick layer on top)
5-6 big fresh dates
1-2 tbs Arctic Berries Blueberry Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Grease a small rectangular cake tin (approx 22 cm x 14 cm) with coconut oil and breadcrumbs OR line it with a baking sheet.
3. Place all of the cake dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
4. Incorporate the cake wet ingredients with the dry. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes, OR until a knife stuck into the middle of the cake comes out dry.
6. While the cake is in the oven, prepare the frosting. Blend the coconut cream with the dates and blueberry powder until smooth.
7. Spoon it into a bowl and put it in the fridge, allowing it to cool completely; it should be thick, not runny.
8. Once the cake is ready, leave it in the tin to cool for about 10-15minutes, and then flip it out onto your dish, and let it cool completely.
9. Once the cake and frosting are cooled, add the frosting to the cake, and decorate it with sliced fruit of your choice.
10. The cake is best eaten on the same day but can be stored in the fridge overnight if kept in an airtight container.