Makes 2 small cheese cakes or 8 cupcake-sized
What you need:
For the crust:
1/3 cup nuts of your choice, almonds and cashews work well
1/3 cup pitted dates
1 cup cashews soaked overnight then drained
1/4 cup Terrasoul coconut oil, melted on low heat
10 peeled and pitted fresh dates
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (if needed)
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup fresh or thawed raspberries
1 tsp Arctic Berries Cranberry or Lingonberry Powder
1 1/2 tbs Terrasoul cacao powder
1 tbs melted Terrasoul coconut oil
1. Chop the nuts and dates for the bottom layer coarsely and press out into one or two small spring-form pans (depending on size) or silicone cupcake molds. |
2. Place all the ingredients for the cheesecake filling, except for the almond milk, in a powerful food processor or blender and blend until completely smooth. Add the almond milk by the spoonful, if needed.
3. Add two-thirds of the mixture into two different bowls, leaving the last third in the blender.
4. Add the raspberries and Lingonberry or Cranberry Powder into the blender with the last third, and blend until smooth.
5. Mix in cacao powder and coconut oil to one of the thirds that are in the bowls to make the chocolate layer. Stir well until the color looks even enough.
6. Layer the three different mixtures into the spring-form pan(s) or cupcake molds and place in the freezer until set.
7. Optional: Decorate with melted chocolate!
**Remember to make sure to remove the cheesecakes from the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving!